Millennium Discovery Route Workshops
Improve your prospects of getting hired ...and your batchmates’, too!
Millennium Discovery Route Workshops
for job seekers and educational institutions
- How recruiters assess candidates
- How to write a killer CV and job application
- How to impress at your interview
- Do’s and don’ts for job seekers
...all from MillenniumIT’s own recruiters!
Did you know that on average, recruiters spend less than 20 seconds on each CV they inspect? That most recruiters are not experts in the job they’re hiring for? And that 82% of all job applications are rejected, mostly for trivial, easy-to-fix reasons?
These are just some of the surprising (and useful) facts you’ll learn at a MillenniumIT Discovery Route workshop.
At a Discovery Route workshop,
- you’ll learn the secrets behind the hiring process—how recruiters probe a candidate’s strengths and weaknesses, and how they spot the tell-tale giveaways that reveal a candidate’s abilities, personality and fitness for the job.
- You’ll learn how to write a killer CV and application, and even the psychological secrets of how recruiters inspect a CV—how their eyes move across the page, what attracts them, what turns them off.
- You’ll learn how to present yourself at an interview, how to prepare yourself physically and psychologically and build your own confidence, vital do’s and dont’s.
- You’ll learn how to take better-informed career decisions, so as to pick that special path that’s right for you. You’ll learn what life in the working world really is like, at MillenniumIT and elsewhere.
And, of course, you’ll get a chance to meet some of our recruiters face to face in a no-pressure situation—something that could help build your confidence if you ever find yourself before them at a real job interview!
Millennium Discovery sessions
Following on from our Discovery Route Workshops , MillenniumIT now brings you the Discovery Sessions – a hands-on learning programme designed to provide you with the real-world skills and knowledge that leading IT firms look for. Following these sessions can definitely improve your employability in the IT sector and get you off to a running start in the competition for pay, perks and promotions. And it’s absolutely FREE.
At the Discovery Sessions,
- you’ll learn about the demands and rewards of real-life software engineering – how flexibility and fault tolerance are built in, how to gain full control over operating systems and push hardware to its limits, and much more.
- You’ll learn the basics of security in mission-critical systems and the secrets of project management, and gain invaluable insight into everything from high-performance networking to machine learning .
The Discovery Sessions programme has been designed to be practical and useful, and to develop your professionalism.
Whether you end up working for us or not, following the Discovery Route Workshops and Discovery sessions will improve your job prospects with any employer.
How to follow Millennium Discovery Route workshops and/or Millennium Discovery sessions.
Now here’s the really good news: you don’t have to come to us to follow the Discovery Route. We’ll come to you.
If you can round up a minimum of 25 confirmed participants among your batchmates or fellow students, and get the academic authorities to agree to host it, we’ll hold a Discovery Route workshop series right at your own educational institution. We won’t charge a thing, either—all we need is permission, plus some help and support from the authorities to organise and publicise the event.
Each workshop lasts 2 hours.
Start talking to your fellow students and academic authorities today, and help yourself and your friends to win better careers in the near future!
For more information, contact our Discovery Route team on +94 11 2416127.